- 1 large acorn squash
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- low sodium salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 turkey breasts shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- Pomegranate seeds and/or sliced almonds, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Brush each half with about 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with low sodium salt and pepper. Place in a foil-lined baking pan and roast, cut sides up, until fork tender (about an hour).
When the squash is cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and place it in a medium saucepan, or in a blender if you don’t have an immersion blender. Add the remaining ingredients and process with an immersion blender (or regular blender) until smooth. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Serve hot or warm, with pomegranate seeds and/or sliced almonds.