Option – add 6 shrimps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed and chopped fresh garlic
- 6 cups good-quality low sodium shellfish stock (or mushroom or chicken stock)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour for thickening
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired
In a 4-quart pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until just fragrant. Do not let the garlic brown.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the stock to mix with the eggs. Pour the remaining 5 1/2 cups of stock into the pot with the garlic. Let the mixture come to a simmer.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice, arrowroot, white pepper, and half of a cup of reserved stock. Pour the mixture into the simmering stock and stir until it all thickens–this will only take a few minutes.
Serve the soup hot, sprinkled with fresh cilantro or parsley.